The 28th annual Magical Night event will take place Thursday, Nov. 29, from 5 to 8 p.m. at several locations throughout Uptown Mount Vernon, Iowa.
Magical Night in Mount Vernon, Iowa is a celebration of holiday magic that begins on the lawn of the First Street Community Center, at 5 pm, Santa himself will be throwing the switch unveiling Mount Vernon’s holiday lights on the Fist Street Community Center’s historic one-of-a-kind building.
For the first time in the history of Magical Night, volunteers and City representatives have decided to close 1st Street to traffic to create a Holiday-inspired Ped Mall for the entire festival from 5 to 8 p.m
– From VisitMVL.com
There are dozens of special events throughout the area during this evening, you can check out the full list of activities here.
Activities We Are Hosting
@ 5pm – Help Santa light up the First Street Community Center
@ 6:30 & 7:15 pm at the First Street Community Center (221 1st St. NE): “Holiday Tidings” from Dance Arts Iowa @ Uptown Theatre
From 5pm – 8pm
- Business Open House, visit local businesses, enjoy live music, snacks and begin your holiday shopping.
- Get your magic reindeer food and visit with live reindeer on the lawn of the First Street Community Center sponsored by Hills Bank.
- Cookie Decorating, sponsored by Mount Vernon Parks and Recreation, inside the Library at the First Street Community Center.
- Arts Fest, “Dance on a Starry Night” presented by Mount Vernon elementary and high school art students inside the First Street Community Center gym.
- Jackee Austerman Photography – Stop over for some fun Christmas photos! Images are free and will be available on their Facebook page after the event! She is also offering $5 light-up necklaces for you to wear as you stroll through town on Magical Night! You are sure to be feeling FESTIVE!! 🙂
Click on Jackee Austerman’s cool video short below: (shared with Jackee’s permission)